homestead - Re: [Homestead] Veggies

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Veggies
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:28:35 -0500

I have a good cookbook called the Illustrated Encyclopedia of American Cooking that fits that description. It is about 1.5 inches thick, large, organized alphabetically by ingredient. Mine is copyrighted in 1972 and has a turkey on the front cover, but here is one you can buy:

http://www.amazon.com/Illustrated-Encyclopedia-American-Cooking/dp/0871972115

It would be cool it that's it.
Sorry about your fire.

Bev

Cathy wrote:
This is a long shot request, but I've been looking for a particular cookbook
for nearly ten years--maybe someone here can help.

The problem is, I don't know the name of the cookbook. My m-i-l gave it to
me 20+ years ago, and I lost it in a house fire. It was fabulously thorough
with great info and recipes listed by main ingredient. It was very much
like Joy of Cooking (and the same shape and size) but was not J of C. It
also was not Betty Crocker or Better Homes or Southern Living...

There are just too many cookbooks; I haven't made any headway in finding it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cathy