homestead - Re: [Homestead] Produce auctions

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Produce auctions
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 17:38:41 -0500

The nearest large auction is maybe 100 miles from me (in Mifflinburg). They only take large quantities, not the 20 pounds of lettuce I'd have a week in May. I grew in amounts a small Farmers' Market could handle. Lettuce was one thing that usually sold pretty well, though, because I sold it for half the per pound weight the supermarket charged...I was still amazed that I could get $2 for a bag (about 1 pound)...it was SO cheap and easy to grow.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob" <becida AT comcast.net>