homestead - Re: [Homestead] Produce auctions

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Produce auctions
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 15:44:31 -0500

We had an odd situation here: we had a Farmers' Market, the guy who grew some stuff/bought some from auction, and a supermarket all selling within site of each other. It was an easy walk from one to the other. People would come to me at the Farmers' Market and complain that we didn't have tomatoes in May, while the other 2 places did. They didn't want to hear "locally grown", they just wanted tomatoes.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Cathy" <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>