homestead - Re: [Homestead] Grassfire - the group rebecca mentioned

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Grassfire - the group rebecca mentioned
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 17:53:43 -0500

I will take this opportunity to mention this again.
Go to
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mlm/signup/
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/megavote/

On those pages you can sign up to get political information, the latest
legislation, etc. On megavote, they will send you an email with all of
your Reps and Senator's voting record on the issues. It is really
helpful in keeping up with how well your elected officials represent
you. Also on every newsletter email, there are links to write your
rep to give them your opinion and feedback.
With more people getting involved in politics, this is really an easy
first step to stay informed and have your voice heard.

Bev

Rebecca Lewinski wrote:

I do have to add that most politicians pay attention to the letters and calls they get from constituents, and they do make their decisions on the feedback they get (SO WRITE those letters and make those calls, the squeaky wheels do get the grease). The really good politicians take the time to explain to you why they make decisions that a good number of their constituents may not agree with, and they
don't hesitate to offer more sources of information...

-Rebecca in the great Northwest

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda