homestead - Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The longest post yet-Anger
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 12:09:04 EST

> >Calling out bigotry is not meanspirited.

I'm glad you agree. Calling out illogic, pretense, vulgarity isn't
measnspirited either.

But, sticking with bigotry, I'm afraid you misunderstand completely. While
your statements of (and these are direct quotes):

"Maybe they haven't down there because people still insist on
identifying people by colour."
----and----
">I've lived in the South most of my life. --- This is my point."

are statements of gross, naked bigotry, that's not what I'm refering to.

Let me preface the expose on your bigotry by reminding you of what you
attributed to Bev:

" "all the poor black people" who ...too stupid
to understand there aren't going to be immediate government handouts
is"

And based on this you called Bev a bigot.

OK, I'm fine with letting you place the bar and set the rules. But they
apply to everyone equally. Until what time you show where Bev said this, and
that it is not just your knee-jerk reaction to the bigoted ignorant Georgia
cracker you hold Bev to be, then I am "paraphrasing" your quote just like you
are
paraphrasing Bev:

-----------------------------
You said that the racial, religious, and cultural history of all people
doesn't matter and in fact does not even exist. All the struggles the
Southern
Black people endured, all the teachings of their leaders and indoctrination
of
their exploiters, never happened and don't obtain. You went so far as to say
that all black people are really just white people with dark skins.

How can you possibly be more bigoted than that!?

"What you actually said, and this is a quote, not a paraphrase, is:

"PEOPLE! NOT BLACKS! They, like you, are INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE.... PEOPLE.
PEOPLE. PEOPLE.... Period, full stop. We are all individuals."

So if we are all individuals and you can make no comments based on the
distinct common upbringing, culture, and indoctrination of a group, then you
are
saying said upbringing and culture do not exist. That is eggregious, deep
seated
bigotry.

None the less, to give you the benefit of the doubt and be the nice guy, I
was willing to euphemize that to "naive". Then in trying to contraindicate
the
characterization of naive, you then proceeded to slander Southerners as too
backward and ignorant to have had the cultural experience that you have.
When
this posit is put to the test, you are reduced to trafficking in vulgarities
and abandining the discussion altogether to engage in silly epithets.

Pitiful!

None the less, you may consider everything below the line in this post to be
retracted just as soon as you show where Bev referred to all poor blacks as
stupid. Else you are the one who set the rules for the discussion so stick
with
them. Some of us won't stoop so low as to engage in name-calling and
vulgarities, we can't follow you that far,. I suppose it goes along with the
bigotry, but I can't say for sure having no experience in it. But if the
rules of
protocol say we can take your statements and extrapolate them into anything
we
want them to say .... then so be it.