homestead - Re: [Homestead] William Ayers-Barack Obama relationship hysterics

  • From: Shepperd <shepperd AT mail2.pvco.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] William Ayers-Barack Obama relationship hysterics
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 22:22:57 -0600

Dear Sweet Bev,

Ayers is, and has been irrelevant as an election issue. Some foolishly tried to make him an issue, but it didn't fly, even among the majority of McCain's supporters. Most were embarrassed that it ever surfaced. I don't advocate violence any more than you do, nor do I approve of what he did, but federal charges were dropped against him. He was never convicted of anything, so he is not a criminal. The only legal charge we can make stick is that for the past 35 years he has lived a fairly dull, but exemplary life.

There are a number of more tasty bones on which to chew.

Jerry S.