homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gene, Sell me on Obama, please

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gene, Sell me on Obama, please
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 18:13:49 EST

I think this is part of what bothers me too. I saw him ask people to raise
their hands if they want
a tax cut, who is not going to agree with him on that. He promises a whole
lot of obvious positive things,
but I am always looking for the other shoe to drop. I just spent the weekend
car shopping with my
wife and one of my daughters (big mistake). They both run straight for the
flashy ones with all the bells
and whistles, they look for DVD players, leather seats, and both avoid at
all costs, looking at the sticker.
I go straight for the sticker, check the price, the mileage etc. If we can
afford it, then I start looking at
everything else and get excited. I feel the same way watching Obama
supporters, I can appreciate
all the obvious things he is promising. Lower taxes, health care for all,
Eat all you want and never gain
a pound, but I am looking for the payment book that comes along this
particular model.

Drew

In a message dated 11/3/2008 4:57:39 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,