homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gene's guide to buying a new car

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gene's guide to buying a new car
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 15:58:18 -0800 (PST)

I did "everything" you said and still had to put my wife through that
aggravation. I even had the emails from the salesman stating he would sell
me the car at that price. Actaully the first email was from a delaer in
Glendale, stating the price.

The email from Showcase (Where I bought) promised he would match any price.
Whe I got there, they didn't even want to give my wife a test drive, because
they said there was no way they could sell the car at that price.

The GM of the dealership ended up closing the deal with me.
He said they lost money, but I don't believe that. According to my figures,
they should have made exactly $150 profit. ....bobford