homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gene, Sell me on Obama, please

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gene, Sell me on Obama, please
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 19:34:37 -0600

Having driven my Honda Accord station wagon for 14 years, I decided to buy an SUV to get me over the river crossings. For me to go car shopping, it's an all day trip, and I'd already spent many weekends at it. I finally decided on the Honda Pilot, but when I went back they had sold the one I liked, and wanted me to buy the other one with a DVD player for $2,000 extra dollars. I told them I would just go buy it at another dealer, so they offered to knock a thousand off. I said why not just order me another without it, but no, that would cost them $500, so they knocked another $500 off. I told them I would buy the car that very minute only if they took of the $2,000 or I'd walk out the door never to be seen again.

They agreed. The DVD is useless to me. I thought about showing movies, providing popcorn, and renting out the back seat for a theater in my little town. It will be paid off next month, and I will drive it another decade, assuming there's gasoline or a way to convert it to another fuel.

--Sage

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 15:29:37 -0800 (PST)