homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bailout was: Electricity

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bailout was: Electricity
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 14:35:12 -0800 (PST)

You should hear Jim Rogers talk about these people, Paulson, the old honchos
at Goldman sachs, the investment banking / hedge fund managing group, as a
whole.

And, remember, Rogers has, for years, been better at the game than any of
them. He says that as a group they not only are immoral, but that they are
not particularly bright.

He said that Paulson and Bernake are rewarding their failure buddies at
Goldman Sachs, etc; by giving them money fromm people who actually were
successful. He said that what should have happened was that GS, and many
other banks and hedge funds should have failed and then been bought for
pennies on the dollar by the truly succesful bankers and new investors who
hadn't gambled their money away

. But, there were too many people who eat lunch with politicians and
columnists at the NYT to allow that to happen. We reward and pretend that
people are smart simply because of a piece of paper that states that
attending class on a particular piece of ground , and because their daddy or
uncle was in the business before them. Most of these guys are not as smart
as you ....bobford