homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sarah, the Neiman Marxist...

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sarah, the Neiman Marxist...
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 14:57:33 -0800

Did they shop in New York? Youngest watches What Not To Wear on a regular basis and if they went to any of the shops those folks use, I can see the money going in a hot tick!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

I can't imagine even a gaggle of aides managing to spend that much
money on clothes unless a lot of it was jewelry. Even at Nieman-Marcus
you can get suits for around $500 and dresses for $1K - 3K (I know
this because I just checked their Web site). The number is reported by
the RNC, but you have to wonder if somebody wasn't so good with
addition or decimals (though by this time, you'd think *that* would
have been corrected).

At this point, the campaign may prefer stories about clothes to
stories about campaign advisers pulling out the long knives. Hard to
believe that they couldn't all just sit on the criticism for less than
one more week.

Marie