homestead - Re: [Homestead] voter fraud- Washington Post

  • From: Shepperd <shepperd AT mail2.pvco.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] voter fraud- Washington Post
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 18:43:00 -0500

Technically we don't vote for the presidential and vice-presidential candidates, even though it is their names we see on the ballot. We vote for electors who pledge to vote for one of the candidates. There is no election until the electoral college votes, the votes are delivered to Congress, and presented to the sitting Vice-president, who acts in his or her capacity as presiding officer of the Senate. Congress certifies the electoral college vote and announces the winner. There is no Constitutional requirement that electors vote the way the public voted, although 24 states do have that requirement. The electors from the other 26 states may vote for whichever candidate they choose, although historically they have followed the popular vote.

We have no capacity to recall the President for fraud or any other reason. The President can only be removed by impeachment, which is a Congressional action, not an action of the voters.

On Oct 30, 2008, at 2:25 AM, EarthNSky wrote: > >> A question for those who have studied political science... >> What happens if a president is elected, and after the inauguration, >> there is found to be widespread voter fraud proven in multiple states >> that would change the outcome of the election. Is there a recall? >> -- >> “Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads >> to >> hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda >> _______________________________________________