homestead - Re: [Homestead] Crock Pot thread

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Crock Pot thread
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 22:32:54 -0400

> I don't know much about oriental hot sauces, like Saiopan. I had a friend
> (dead) who knew a lot about them. Made himself sick -real sick- one time
> eating some kind of whole raw pepper from the far east.

Saipan hot sauce is made from the Bonnie Pepper or in the native language
Doni Sali. The Bonnie Pepper is a naturalized version of a Habanero
introduced by the Spanish in the 1600s. They grow wild all over the
islands because they are spread by a small bird called the Doni. The pepper
itself is about the size of your little fingernail but its heat is much
bigger than that. A flake or two in a medium bowl of pickled garlic and
onions is more than enough. That stuff is hot and anybody I have given any
to say it is the hottest they have tasted. A drop or two in your scrambled
eggs in the morning will give your day a real kick start.

Don Bowen KI6DIU