homestead - Re: [Homestead] Crock Pot thread

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Crock Pot thread
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 14:38:34 -0700 (PDT)

Don, other than beans ( and beans are great in the CP), what works well
(keeping it simple, as Gene suggested), is to get a piece of kind of fatty,
cheap meat. Put it in the crock-pot , "fat side up'. Do not add liquid.
When it start to be done, cut up some chunnks of peopper, onion, throw them
in for the last hour, or so. The meat will make its own juice. Season as
you please, I use cayenne and tobasco an many things, will not try to advise
there ....bobford