homestead - Re: [Homestead] recipes

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] recipes
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 17:51:04 -0700 (PDT)

I have a very heavy old griswold dutch oven. I like to slow cook. You have
to be careful with cast iron slow cooking though. Like , never put chicken
necks in slow cooked baked chicken. Otherwise they cook to pieces and every
bite you have a tiny d*mn bone.

It gives a different flavor than the crockpot, but I am incomfotable
leaving the house with the oven on (I really don't even like leaving with the
crockpot on, I just make myself leave). I am paranoid about anything
starting a fire. I have a smoke detector in every room. and a total of eight
fire extinguishers. ...bobford