homestead - Re: [Homestead] Snow

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Snow
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 12:57:14 -0400

It is 40 degrees here, and rising, but the wind is cutting. No snow. It did get down into the upper twenties last night.

eureka AT hctc.net wrote:
We had our first freeze warning and brought in the green tomatoes and field peas last evening, but it only got down to 36. Sun is up and it's already 50 degrees. A couple of branches on the Red Oak have turned, but the rest of the tree is flagrantly green, as is the maple. Texas does not give easy birth to fall.

--Sage
Way Out in Texas

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 09:54:37 -0400