homestead - [Homestead] Homestead meat processing

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Homestead meat processing
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 20:03:10 -0400

Hey all,

It's about that time. Bev's discussing processing a goat has got me
thinking about how I skin goats. (This is the area my homestead skills
are really low.)

I was under the impression that you need to skin the animal while it
is warm to make it easier. But if I decide to hang them to age, the
meat would dry out if I skinned it. Is it harder to skin a carcass
after it's hung to age? Is there anything else I need to know about
hanging to age?

Rob - Va