homestead - Re: [Homestead] Goat Cheese potato salad

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Goat Cheese potato salad
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 22:16:03 -0400

Probably so, but I love having pigs. I always make up some fun name
for the "slop". Makes chores more fun. I dumped the milk I could not
use in their bucket, some pear cores and bad spots, mixed that with
some old whey (clabbered the milk) and added the corn based mush I
have in a bucket for them. I guess my pigs are spoiled.

I had pork chops (from one of last years pigs), fried apples, potato
pancakes and baked sweet potatoes for supper tonight. Good pork. All
those gourmet pig meals end up on my table in the end. You are what
you eat.

Rob - Va