homestead - [Homestead] FDIC May Guarantee Some Home Loans

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] FDIC May Guarantee Some Home Loans
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 19:25:43 -0700 (PDT)

After helping to cause finacial diaster, Chris Dodd now wants the taxpayers
to gaurantee residential and some commercial mortgages.

Personally, I was devastated finacially by the real estate crash; but this is
insanity. All it will do is keep real estate prices 'artificially' high. It
is absolutely built in , from the start, *inflation*

I guess ,next, dodd and the other dems will want taxpayers to guarantee crdit
card debt, car loans, bad checks? Why should anyone even try to play by the
rules. This is dumber than McCain's dumb idea, and this is already getting
hearings in congress .............bobford

FDIC May Guarantee Some Home Loans

The U.S. government may start guaranteeing the mortgages of some homeowners
who are heading for default, in hopes of persuading lenders to renegotiate
the terms of troubled loans and avoid more foreclosures, Federal Deposit
Insurance Corp. Chairman Sheila C. Bair said today.

...........Dodd emphasized a sense of urgency. "There are more than 10,000
foreclosures a day," he said. "I hope there's a deep appreciation that we
need to get this moving." .....................

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/23/AR2008102301517.html?hpid=topnews

  • [Homestead] FDIC May Guarantee Some Home Loans, bob ford, 10/23/2008