homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bad day ahead?

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bad day ahead?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 09:52:45 EDT

> > If they are starting to give up on the dollar, we will all (well maybe
> not James) be starting to see some perilous times

Bob, it isn't as bad as all that (today, I mean). The dollar gained a great
deal earlier in the week and is giving back those gains. The dollar is
toast,
it's true, but the 5% overnight drop isn't all that foreboding in itself.

As far as these perilous times, here's my bit on that:

When I had to go after that damn chupacabra bear that was killing my goats,
my mother was alarmed and told me that was dangerous. My reply was, "Of all
the dangerous things in the woods, I'm the most dangerous. Of all
frightening
things out there, I'm the most frightening. And of all the sooky things one
might encounter in that Mirkwood hollow at night, *I* am the spookiest."

So perilous times? Bring 'em on! Of all the perilous things out there, I'm
the most perilous!

James