homestead - Re: [Homestead] Why I'm Voting Democrat.

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Why I'm Voting Democrat.
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 08:50:53 -0800

Welllllll, for starters, folks, I said to read it for a laugh. Some of it's true and some isn't and some is just plain silly.

HOWEVER, the unemployment rates of Carter and Bush have to be compared *using the same method*! Shortly after election, Dumbya changed how the numbers are calculated. Our current unemployment rate is HIGHER than in the Carter years IF you use the same methods of calculating unemployment!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <DSanner106 AT aol.com>

Nothing like the Carter years. I remember that 13.5 percent inflation in
Carters last year was 5.8 percent in his first, compared to about 4 percent
now, A 1.00 loaf of bread when he came into power was 1.52 just four years
later. we had unemployment in Michigan well over 20 percent compared to 8 percent
now, and 7-8 percent nationwide compared to a little over 5 now. Interest
rates climbed above 20 percent, compared to about 6 percent now.Short memory is > our biggest enemy.