homestead - Re: [Homestead] So, what do you think of the Powell endorsement?

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] So, what do you think of the Powell endorsement?
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:33:48 -0400

EarthNSky wrote:

> Question Lynn...when is Obama's first contact with Acorn? He also
> denied giving them money in that last debate, and from what I saw he
> gave them about 800K..is that right? When did Obama first hook up with
> ACORN?

I'm certainly no expert on Obama's life...it seems alien to me, and, I
suspect, to many people. Spending so many years working with poor black
communities, he was exposed to many attitudes and met many people that
most of us never experience. But he himself isn't of that world...being
a Harvard grad/lawyer/politician, he flies in higher circles than me.
Not to mention his eclectic religious background. I don't know if all
that makes him empathetic to all people or a left-wing radical or just
another bourgeois politician. I haven't figured that out yet.

Anyway, I find Factcheck.org to be pretty even handed, and they have a
section on Acorn:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/acorn_accusations.html

Lynn Wigglesworth

http://windowslive.com/connect/post/wedowindowslive.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!20EE04FBC541789!167.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_092008