homestead - Re: [Homestead] Obama's lead narrowing ?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Obama's lead narrowing ?
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 20:08:17 -0800

The "young vote" has been talked about for Clinton (didn't show up) and Kerry (didn't show up) and Obama. We'll see if they change their history of liking the party and not showing up for the work.

I have not heard that the race was tightening, but I believe that Obama
will need at least 5%. I suppose I think the percentage of
'votechangers' will be higher, mainly because senior citizens always
turn out in higher percentages than young people and that 'I just can't
vote for a black man' belief is more prevalent in the senior community
than in other generations. He may need more than that if young people
fail to show up to vote for Obama.