homestead - Re: [Homestead] Doubling of Vitamin D for Children Is Urged

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Doubling of Vitamin D for Children Is Urged
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 20:55:22 -0800

Farmers tans came from the collar area AND the arms where the sleeves had been ripped off, at least out here. Teens back in the dark ages, such as myself, ran around in the sun all the time. The Russian River had so many half nekkid AND nekkid kids on it, you couldn't see the sand for bodies. Heck, the string bikini is part of my generation. Bought my first one in Mexico when I was 17 <g> My dad even made it a point to get a burn first nice day of the spring to hurry up his tan, as did all the other guys he ran around with. The only folks I know with skin cancer are my cousin's daughters (all blondes) and they have the same genetics that go with the gray horse and mutated genes that cause melanomas. Or that is how their doc explained it to her.

And, with all that, all the grands lived past 90. My dad is 82 and not a sign of any type of skin cancer.

Playing devil's advocate here..
After reading all the 'toilet' links from that page Bob posted
yesterday, it has me thinking a bit differently. If the indoor toilet
added 10-20 years to life expectancy as alleged, that would change the
lifespan range and put more people living into their 70's and beyond.
That additional time might allow more cancers to develop.
Also, the old timers wore hats and long sleeves. They were smart and
did not bask in sun worship as teens do today.