homestead - Re: [Homestead] Plant life ethics --for real

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Plant life ethics --for real
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 17:28:37 EDT

What a lovely visual! That would make me feel very special...from childhood
on, I've always felt somehow honored by the unsolicited attention and
acknowledgement of any 'wild' thing (except that incident in Yellowstone
involving a
mama and her two cubs - don't ever give a nine-year-old a camera and send
her into the woods without her daddy).

For maybe a month, every day in Glendale, AZ in 1975 or so (before it got so
built up and nasty and city-like) there was one single white dove that used
to come and sit on the outside sill of the kitchen window and watch me doing
dishes every morning after husband / kids had left for work / school. It was
the size of a mourning dove, and I think it had been raised domestic. It
just
sat there, and watched me.

Nobody ever believed me, because she (to me, doves have a female
personality) never appeared when anyone else was around.

Was she my totem? Just a passing thought...

Sandy
Mid-Mojave

In a message dated 10/10/2008 2:08:27 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,