homestead - Re: [Homestead] Plant life ethics --for real

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Plant life ethics --for real
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 23:02:34 -0400

Personally, I believe that all life forms on earth, plant, animal, and other, are here to "fill the measure of their existance". Most plants, and animals, do that automatically. They grow, reproduce, and die. They are consumed to provide means for other to "Fill the measure of their existance". They really have little choice in the matter. Do they have "spirits"? I believe they do, and this spirit can experience satisfaction, if you will, or happiness, when it fulfills its purpose.

We, however, have free will, and part of our task is to figure our purpose out, so we can also "fill the measure of our existance", and know happiness. I also suspect that it is different for all of us.

Ray