homestead - Re: [Homestead] Padruig McTavish, was What if OBama

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Padruig McTavish, was What if OBama
  • Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 00:08:55 -0400

Yep. I'm the one on the right. with the glasses. The other fellow goes by the name of Morgan Blaidd du (welsh). My daughter is his page, which basically means that she helps him out at events, in exchange for teaching, mentoring, etc, in the SCA. I did not have the sword with me at this particular event (it would have been sticking up behind my right ear and shoulder).

We do get big crowds. At this event, called Uprising, we end up with between 8 and 9 hundred. One difference between this, and a ren faire, is that this is a private event, for all intents and purposes. Occasionally we get visitors, but mostly it's just us. The SCA is not a commercial enterprise.

I thought the attachment would be stripped. it didn't come back through to me. Huh.

Ray