homestead - [Homestead] From tiny ACORNs mighty oaks ..... fall.

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] From tiny ACORNs mighty oaks ..... fall.
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 16:03:25 EDT

If I were to be able to whisper some campaign advice in McCain's ear, it
would be this:

Barring the world becoming much more cataclysmic in the next four weeks
(which is likely) or Obama stepping in it big time (which is unlikely) McCain
has
one and only one chance to turn this around. Tonight in the debate, he must
make it clear to the people who is really responsible for the financial
meltdown:

Obama is s community activist and community orgnizer. This is his MO and the
glasses though which he views the world, the hammer with which he swings at
all nails real and imaginary. The Association of Community Organizations for
Reform Now (ACORN) pushed for legislation to make loans easier to get for the
"poor". It was the sympathetic ear of the Clinton administration that
worked
to deregulate the banking industry and specifically reformed Freddie and
Fannie to make it easier to get mortgage loans. It was Barney Frank's
paramour,
Herb Moses, who held a high position at Fannie Mae from 1991 to 1998 while
Frank
was chairman of the senate banking committee, who designed the programs for
the subprime lending market.

A Democrat undertaking all the way.

True enough that all who came later, presidents, congress, senate, both sides
stood by while all this played out. You can't make a no-down-payment, no
proof of income loan to every person in the ghetto and illegal imigrant
without
making those same loans available to veryone. During the run up of housing
prices, many were frustrated when they went to qualify for traditional 30
year
loan with a down payment to buy that $100K house only to find that the person
with the ARM toxic liar's loan qualified for $150K on the same house. And
so
the whole market was ratcheted up.

All the present financial woes trace their origin to the community action
mucking by ACORN and the subsequent donations from Freddie and Fannie to the
representative to turn a blind eye, the five top recipients being Democrats
and
include Frank and Obama.

History has taught us one thing clearly, the programs to give the poor
disadvantaged a hand up never work, they most often backfire as the current
(ho,
hum, don't make me laugh) housing bubble so well illustrates.

McCain must outline the cause of this succinctly and point out that Obama's
'change the way we are changing the changes' is nothing more than a warmed
over Clinton policy based on the already proven failure of wrecking the
economy
in order to bootstrap the "disadvantaged".

That's the same approach that Mugabe tried to sell in Zimbabwe. If we just
give the poor black Zimbabweans a hand up by turning over all those white
owned
farms, they will thrive. In fact, the are starving.

One chance. See tonight if he takes it.<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>New
MapQuest Local
shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News
&amp; more.
Try it out (http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000002)</HTML>