homestead - Re: [Homestead] My last broilers

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] My last broilers
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 06:43:43 -0500

On Oct 6, 2008, at 10:01 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

Rob, plant sunflowers, millet, and sorghum near where the chickens will
be.

Good thinking, Bev. I would also suggest planting comfrey close to the chicken pen fence, out far enough that they won't kill the plants, but close enough so they can peck through the wire and eat the leaves. Comfrey is good stuff and chickens love it.