homestead - Re: [Homestead] Thought-provoking editorial

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Thought-provoking editorial
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 11:02:15 -0500

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 10:57 PM, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
> Not exactly middle class. Dad's a high priced shrink. Mom's from
> Marblehead. She's an author of several books including a best seller.
> Husband works for, or did, the UN bureau of NYT. He went to school in Paris
> and she graduated from Brown. Not exactly folks who are hurting for funds.

What's your income range for middle class status? She's not the
working poor, but you don't have to be on that level to be middle
class. I know quite a few people who aren't hurting for funds, but who
work for a living. John McCain defines the middle class to include
those with a net worth of up to $5 million, but I think that's a bit
steep.

Marie