homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sunday morning pasture

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sunday morning pasture
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 11:37:21 EDT

> > I kept half the seed for next year.

If you need more, just let me know. I just shelled out the last of LAST
year's crop and put up a couple hundred pounds of it. And I haven't started
harvesting this year's crop yet. And even at that, I lost at least half this
year's BB to the drought. The other half did famously with lots of those fat
10"
ears, but half was on just a little drier ground and in midsummer it stunted
beyond recovery.

All the Hickory King produced well, but, and I am supposing this is a
function of the drought, every stalk put on ONE ear rather than the usual two.

James </HTML>