homestead - Re: [Homestead] Thought-provoking editorial

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Thought-provoking editorial
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 13:32:47 -0700 (PDT)

You are right, Lynn, about the essay & comments being thought - provoking.
Though, I wouldn't think most of us would call Judith Warner middle class.
But, that aside, it is an interesting commentary with which I generally agree.

My only disagreement is the belief most of the upper tier will be
horrendously affected. She indicates that only the very rich have already
protected themselves (and they have). Most of the upper tier, not
necessarily very rich, will be affected, but will still have the securities
and luxuries above the rest, just as they do now. ....bobford