homestead - Re: [Homestead] Where are the third party candidates?

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Where are the third party candidates?
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 12:35:37 -0700 (PDT)

I don't think voting is a joke yet, but I have to admit that there are
serious, serious problems with machines, with procedures, with voter
registration, etc.  You would think, in 2008, that we could do much better,
still have a paper trail, and that we could guarantee an election without
fraud.
How many people are like Gene, who can vote in two places, but maybe aren't
as honest as Gene?  Are college students registered at college and at home?
How often does this kind of stuff occur?  We don't know.

People here are already voting.  Technically, they are absentee voting, but
they are voting.  They don't have to prove anything.  Anything could happen
in 4 weeks.  It doesn't set well with me, for some reason.

Akka