homestead - Re: [Homestead] Where are the third party candidates?

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Where are the third party candidates?
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 10:27:21 -0400

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

> Good, because that 'vote for the other side' business is a red herring.
> Here
> Bush won handily, so my voting for him (I had not desire to do so) would
> have
> been NOT made any difference. But the third parties have to get out of the
> single digits in order for there to ever be any progress.

I agree, and that's why I vote ind. or third party; I'm just sorry that
there is no standout candidate. I think if Ron Paul was running, he'd
make a decent showing, but with just write-in votes, it will be the
usual 2% or less. Nader is less visible than ever in this election.
Baldwin (who Paul supports) is way too religious for my taste. The
Greenies tend to be too whacko, even for tree-hugger me. Barr is a
possibility, I saw an interview with him on CNN (this morning?
yesterday?), and he made a lot of sense, but I don't like the way he
'dissed' Ron Paul.

Lynn Wigglesworth

See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of
your life.