homestead - Re: [Homestead] Where are the third party candidates?

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Where are the third party candidates?
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 10:05:01 EDT

In a message dated 10/3/2008 7:19:14 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com writes:

> >Voting is such a joke, between the rigged machines (I DO believe it
> happened), to the hanging chads, to the Supreme Court stopping recounts

And the illegal aliens, opposing requiring ID at the polls, blocking military
write in votes, etc. ..... cuts both ways.

>> (I believe that every vote should be counted as many times as it takes
> to get the TRUE vote count)

'True Vote' is elusive. What happened in 2000 was that the losing side
wanted the votes recounted as many times as it took for them to win.

>> And no, I didn't vote for Gore, although I
> would have prefered him to Bush;

Here in Gore's "home" state people didn't prefer him. Having dealt with him,
there was good reason for that.

>> I always vote for my first choice, even
> if he has no chance of winning.

Good, because that 'vote for the other side' business is a red herring. Here
Bush won handily, so my voting for him (I had not desire to do so) would have
been NOT made any difference. But the third parties have to get out of the
single digits in order for there to ever be any progress.

I've voted Libertarian in the past four elections and will vote that way in
this one. </HTML>