homestead - Re: [Homestead] Reading the bailout bill

  • From: Akka Homestead <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Reading the bailout bill
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 11:19:48 -0700 (PDT)

My state has 13 Reps, 7 Republicans and 6 Democrats.
11 voted NO, 2 voted YES.  Those two were Democrats.

I agree that those who voted for the bill are going to be chastized come
re-election time.  IMO, it means either one of two things, either they are in
the pocket of Wall Street with a lot of their own money on the line, OR, they
are simply followers of Pelosi/Bush.  Either reason is damning, I think.  We
need leadership.  We need someone who is not afraid to go against the flow,
to be unpopular for the sake of the country.

I wonder...
could it be that the lines of the parties is so convoluted now that a
Southern Republican might approach, in his thinking, a Northern Democrat, and
visa versa?  I know Maine is full of self sufficient, hard working mountain
types who stick to themselves.  Sorry for the stereotype.  North Georgia is
the same.  North Georgia is Republican.  Is Northern Maine Democratic?  Could
they economically be the same and only differ in social conservatism vs.
social liberalism?