homestead - Re: [Homestead] Reading the bailout bill

  • From: SJC <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Reading the bailout bill
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 12:21:01 -0400

Akka Homestead wrote:
.........Y'all blame what you will on Bush and the GOP-they do deserve their share of the blame, but this bill passing shit falls squarely on Democratic shoulders as far as I am concerned. If they were truly anti-Bush, if they were truly for the little guy, if they honestly had their constituents at heart instead of their rich friends, if they truly the party of CHANGE, then we would not have a signed bailout tonight.
Akka
Maine's Democrats voted against and both Republicans for......and at least one of them did it without apology. So much for her. She won't have a chance in November. I think she forgot yesterday where she lives and hopes to be re-elected. She was pretty much doomed anyway, I think, as she's been sitting in Bush's lap the whole last term and that doesn't sit well with Mainers.

SJ, in Maine, where it looks like the sun just might make it out today.