homestead - [Homestead] Bob's Brothers and Lynn's Worker Bees

  • From: jmroll AT bellsouth.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Bob's Brothers and Lynn's Worker Bees
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 15:46:22 +0000

Bob:
Your response was well written and I believe you also on the thought that our
Founding Fathers would not agree with the way our Country is ran nor the way
we live our life's today. I just do not feel we were created to live such
stressful lives. I myself have three vehicles at home and have three more
trucks at my business. Insurance and fuel cost alone are astronomical each
month. Business is very slow in part of the Country, probably in all parts. I
am a Land Surveyor and have been self-employed for the past 28 years. I can
not tell you how long it has been since work has been so hard to come by and
we are only working 1 survey crew...
I also serve on the City Council , just started my 17th year. Our City's
revenues are down about 4 1/2% from last year and we are expecting a $500,000
shortfall from our projected budget. So as you can see I have tied myself
into 4 more years of being a "Worker Bee". Now it will be at least that long
before I can make it out to our 46 acres in the country. My respite is
working on my garden and yes deer hunting.... Bob thanks for your reply.
Johnny Reb