homestead - Re: [Homestead] Is it serious, or is it not?

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Is it serious, or is it not?
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 17:46:26 -0400

bob ford wrote:
But, I do feel empathy for people I know, you only played by the rules
they were taught. A couple of those people are my baby brothers. They
don't have a clue. Just work hard, pay their bills,go to church; wait
for deer season.

What do you foresee happening to them? If they aren't dependent on
constant credit, I don't see how it will affect them.

> We are in a rigged game; the people who should pay for this mess, will
> profit, instead. And, the worker bees will face more divorce, substance
> abuse; poor health; early preventable death, in reward for their hard work.

I think the people who caused it only profit if we bail them out. Can a
credit crunch really cause divorce, substance abuse, poor health, etc? I
think the 'worker bees' will have to give up their cell phones and new
cars and expensive habits, move to houses they can afford. Painful, but
survivable.

Lynn Wigglesworth