homestead - [Homestead] Treehugger on Survivalism

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Treehugger on Survivalism
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 02:59:46 -0700 (PDT)

excerpt from Treehugger.com commenting on Survivalblog.com :

"If the Mother Of All Bailouts (MOAB) has got you a-seekin' some
fortune-telling, then the Survival Blog might be for you. Unlike
environmentalists, who prefer to concentrate their efforts on influencing the
future, survivalists first predict and then prepare for the (always)
hardscrabble Road Ahead. The forgone conclusion from the guys 'n' gals with
the Big S on their collective chests is that The End Of The World As We Know
It (TEOTWAWKI) is right around the corner; this deserves some attention, if
for only that MOAB and TEOTWAWKI are terrific acronyms - right up there with
SCUBA and FUBAR - and, of course, cleverness in all its forms should be
studied and applauded. Please send me a bacon omelet for that last sentence.
Oh, and there's one other thing - they are probably right."

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/09/will-the-moab-lead-to-teotwawki.php