homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rats jumping ship

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rats jumping ship
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:24:52 -0700 (PDT)

You are right Gene, but, if it doesn't work, it won't be tens of thousand; it
could be as many as millions.

And, it won't just affect younger people planning for a future.  I read an
article on one website today where raising Socoial Security retirement age,
even for older people who have yet to collect, from 65 to 70 was starting to
be discussed.. Along with the knowledge, that for people already receiving
S.S., or other gov't checks, the cola being artificially restrained -- might
as well be a cut.   This is all speculation, if things continue to slide.
But, right now, the full consequences are a great unknown. This could affect
everyone who depends on income from anyone else or any entity. .....bobford