homestead - Re: [Homestead] Rats jumping ship

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Rats jumping ship
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 18:14:16 -0500

On Sep 24, 2008, at 4:46 PM, Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

Mine is not a popular opinion (I don't think) but I think the government
needs to step back and let the chips fall where they may (I heard 2
Congress people say that today!). People who participate in risky
behavior need to take the consequences;

That is my first reaction to this mess. My reservation is that I think about all the little people who will be hurt. Retirements and college tuition and far more are predicated on certain investments at least keeping up with inflation. Enron employess are working far past normal retirement age already. There are no doubt tens or hundreds of thousands more.