homestead - Re: [Homestead] Baloney!

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Baloney!
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 16:39:30 -0800

Well, seeing as how the feds haven't come up with the original promise to NOLA. AND, seeing as how the feds forgot to bring the water and food for the first response teams. AND, seeing as how they won't help anyone who wasn't poor prior to IKE. And, seeings as how they are already pulling out of Houston.

I'd suggest that the folks in Galveston get off their duffs and take care of themselves because they ain't gonna look too pretty in that shade of blue if they hold their breath waiting on the feds!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

HOUSTON — Officials from Galveston will ask Congress for about $2.2
billion in disaster relief this week to repair the battered island’s
port, save a major research hospital from going under and rebuild the
city’s infrastructure.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/23/us/23ike.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

I am certain that I am one of many who are tired of paying to fix the
things of those who insist on living where Nature wreaks havoc on a
predictable basis. Live in a dangerous place, fine. Be responsible for
the results.