homestead - Re: [Homestead] Baloney!

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Baloney!
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 09:04:44 EDT

I have been waiting for the same sort of attention on texas that NO had, but
it
is not in sight. Houston was largest relief provider to NO of any major city
during
their crisis, Houston took in the hightest number of refugees and paid to
expand
their schools, etc. No word of support on even a token scale from New Orleans
though when the Houston area got hit. No whoopi Goldberg outrage over the
delay in Fema response. No accusations of racism from Spike Lee and a herd
of hollywood types.

In a message dated 9/24/2008 8:33:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Clansgian AT wmconnect.com writes:

> >I'd suggest that the folks in Galveston get off their duffs and take care

> of
> themselves because they ain't gonna look too pretty in that shade of blue
if
> they hold their breath waiting on the feds!

One of the more tongue-in-cheek radio talk shows was playing in the shop
yesterday and the host was interviewing a cronie from Houston.

"I don't see this victim mentality from the people of Texas as we saw from
NO."
"That's right. But you know the thing that impresses me the most during
this
emergency is the way the liberal world has rallied around the folks of
Galveston and Texas and organized that benefit concert ...."
"I believe you are confusing that with Katrina, that's what they did for the
people of NO but no one has done that for Texas."
"Oh, well, but we did have Sean Penn there in that boat ......"
"No that was Katrina too."
"But wasn't there that famous liberal ...."
"No that was katriana, not Texas."
"Well, they must have done something ..."
"Nothing."
"Oh."