homestead - Re: [Homestead] Buddy, can you spare $700B.

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Buddy, can you spare $700B.
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 07:00:29 -0500

Your interpretation is similar to the my reading of the act. I was hoping
it was just me. You did miss some points.

http://calculatedrisk.blogspot.com/2008/09/bailout-proposal.html

Sec. 9. Termination of Authority.

The authorities under this Act, with the exception of authorities granted in
sections 2(b)(5), 5 and 7, shall terminate two years from the date of
enactment of this Act.

(This ach expires in two years except for those parts that give more power
to the secetary)

Sec. 10. Increase in Statutory Limit on the Public Debt.

Subsection (b) of section 3101 of title 31, United States Code, is amended
by striking out the dollar limitation contained in such subsection and
inserting in lieu thereof $11,315,000,000,000.

(Get that, the national debt ceiling is now $11.3T. Go to each of your kids
and grandkids and tell them thanks to mishandling of the economy by
repugnicans they owe that on any future earnings. The national debt has
more than doubled in less than eight years. All for a plan that many feel
will have little affect)

Republicans, the party that destroyed America.

Don Bowen KI6DIU