homestead - [Homestead] A Silly Historical Question...

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] A Silly Historical Question...
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 08:09:57 EDT

First, I don't want to hear any snickers from out there (no, not the candy
bar).

I have been sitting here since 2:30 or so, catching up on posts, etc. - and
channel surfing to find news.

Here's the goofy part - my left thumb got stuck on one of the cartoon
channels, for just long enough to make me wonder why The Three Musketeers
were
called musketeers?

I read the stuff as a child, of course, but it never occurred to me until
now - why did Dumas call them musketeers when all they had was swords???

What's the time frame? Were 'muskets' even invented yet when the story was
set?

Sandy
Mid-Mojave
Scratching her head

challenges? Check out WalletPop for the latest news and information, tips
and