homestead - Re: [Homestead] Buddy, can you spare $700B.

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Buddy, can you spare $700B.
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:26:06 -0500

So far this year 12 banks have failed and all have been smaller regional
banks. The big banks are deemed "to bit to fail", read that as political
contributions are too big to lose.

The FDIC takes over banks after the close of business on Friday. The suits
walk in the door just before closing then lower the hammer when the doors
are closed.

The more I read of this the more worried I become. Today's little tidbit,
financial institutions that do business in the US no matter where they are
headquartered are eligible for some of the money.

The bushies are pushing for a clean bill with no extra protections for
anyone other than the financial institutions. There will be no punishments
for those who profited most handsomely from the debacle. You may lose a home
to a fraudulent loan going into foreclosure but the CEO of We Screwum United
will get to keep his houses. And as one editorial put it, "hedge funds are
next."

Republicans, the party that destroyed America.

Don Bowen KI6DIU