homestead - Re: [Homestead] Moral dilemma

  • From: toni eddleman <tonitime AT juno.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Moral dilemma
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 18:19:01 -0400

Hi Lynn,
i sure understand your dilemma - a thing some of my friends have faced
here in eastern kentucky.
They went for it, and do now enjoy all the gas their families need, and
the hillsides weren't that torn up. Now, they see the pump ( not the
bigger ones i used to see out west), a small road to their equipment and
tank. Other than that, it sure doesn't look very bad to us. but
still.......

We have a test well drilled on our property from years ago - and now
some people are being approached after all these decades of inaction. I
think they will never make it all the way out here.
Time will tell.

Good luck with your choice. It is similar here, economically, to where
you are - from reading your posts about the farming dilema! It would be
very hard for me to not go for the dough anymore - time is marching on,
and earning potential lessens all the time for us!
Toni
What's the best for Internet Security? Click Here!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3mEWrl4bbqZqpXjznRpAinT8HM1mFGjSdgU7e6Q4nvaCay4L/