homestead - Re: [Homestead] Firewood

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Firewood
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 23:32:09 EDT

Gene, that was my first guess, but - here in Southern California - I am
unfamiliar with the tree, and didn't know if it has bark that would harbor
anything large enough to be audible. Although, in the insect world, it
doesn't take
much to make a lotta noise. Picture an itty-bitty garage band.
Sandy
Mid-Mojave

In a message dated 9/12/2008 8:25:04 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
genegerue AT ruralize.com writes:

> I have a nice stack of that cord of wood. It is however, singing to
> me. I hear something, not crickets chirping in it at night. Not a
> fast
> chirp, a slow one. Creek, Creek Creek. What could that be? I can't
> spot anything, even at night with a flashlight.
>
> Rob - Va

Insects under the bark.