homestead - Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Enjoy the quiet while it lasts...
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 20:41:49 -0500

On Sep 8, 2008, at 4:51 PM, rayzentz AT aim.com wrote:

It's the optimistic thoughts that keep me going. I refuse to let
pessimism rule me, even though the cynicism occasionally rears it's
ugly head. Truly, I don't understand how pessimists even survive. If
I thought like some of my acquaintances, I'd be sucking on the end of
my rifle. Humor and optimism are the rule of the day, for me and my
family.

Ugly head! Sputter, sputter. H.L. Mencken said that cynics are right nine times out of ten. There is a huge amount of pleasure to be had contemplating that one is batting .900. That, plus fine food and beverages, a loving woman, unlimited opportunities for self expression (much of which others might sneeringly call work, hah!), living in a place that is the result of informed decision making, well, under such conditions one can only be optimistic about one's pessimism and therefore, pleasure rules the day.

Hang in there, youngster, you'll figure it out.